The health benefits of green tea have dated back centuries to proving it’s cancer fighting abilities, but imagine a leaf with the same components of green tea times a million. Let me introduce to you: MATCHA.
What is Matcha?
Matcha is a form of green tea leaf finely grounded into a powder. It’s most associated with it’s beautiful green color and is often used in several Japanese foods as a natural dye as well as tea shops.
There are several health benefits to Matcha, benefits even stronger than regular green tea. Imagine that? I drink at least three cups of tea a day, and I was impressed by the versatility of this superfood.
- Because Matcha is highly concentrated, it is loaded with antioxidants that keep your skin looking young and glowing.
- Matcha contains 60 percent of the antioxidant catechin that has rapid and strong cancer fighting properties.
- Matcha contains the natural chemical, L-Theanine which promotes the production of alpha waves in the brain that induce relaxation.
- It enhances moods, improves memory and promotes better concentration due to releasing dopamine and serotonin throughout the body.
- Matcha also boosts energy levels and endurance.
So, do I just drink it?
Because Matcha is a fine powder, you can literally mix it and put in everything especially if you’re a baking queen like I am. After research, I’ve found some recipes that you might enjoy.